Employ an Apprentice
We are the largest provider of apprenticeships across Devon and Cornwall. We have delivered almost 20,000 apprenticeships in the last 15 years and have over 60 different apprenticeships offered across a variety of sector areas.
The benefits of hiring an apprentice include the ability to convert fresh ideas into new opportunities as well as:
- High levels of dedication; with your apprentice choosing to learn and advance their own, and your business’s development
- The potential to lower staff turnover and reduce the cost of recruitment; apprentices are seen as a great return on investment with higher levels of loyalty
- Wider talent pool; recognising talent early and allowing you first pick of the best new talent
- Additional £1,000 incentive for hiring a new apprentice aged between 16-18
- £3,000 Apprenticeship Development Fund granted in exchange for industry knowledge when employing apprentices in: bricklaying, property maintenance, healthcare, marine engineering or motor vehicle (heavy & light). This is in addition to the £1,000 incentive. Part of Skills for Cornwall, an ESF Business Clusters Project.
Find out more about funding here.
Apprenticeship Recruitment Service
We can help save you time and money by covering:
- Recruitment and selection; including vacancy advertisement
- Funding or grant opportunities; ensuring you maximise your budget and cover the costs of hiring your apprentice
- Mentoring; supporting your apprentice every step of the way throughout both college and work life
Speak to us direct about hiring your apprentice on 0330 123 4785 or email email@example.com
Please note that it is an employer’s responsibility to carry out all of the usual pre-employment checks for a potential apprentice, as they would do for any other member of their staff. More help on pre-employment checks can be found here.
When it comes to hiring an apprentice we know there’s a lot to think about, which is why we help with recruitment, selection and offer support whenever you need it.
If you would like to know more about hiring an apprenticeship or if you would like to get the process started please fill in the form below. The Apprenticeship Team will call you on the number you have provided.